The light of God shines better through a cracked pot.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

     We appear in this life as a mist. Here one moment, then gone the next.
  Have you ever really stopped and thought about that? This life is just a brief stop on the way home. We're hear hardly no time at all, then suddenly, we're gone.
  Death. It's a morbid subject to many. But ultimately, it's just reality. There has never been a human being on this earth as long as it's been around that has lived forever(despite what Twilight says). In the end, we all die.
  We live each day as if tomorrow we can fix our problems. Procrastination is a day to day occurrence in millions of people's lives. "I'll start my diet tomorrow". "I'll get right with God tomorrow". "I'll go sit by the person who always sits alone some day this week". "I'll do................. on MY time".  I'm sure many of you reading this have done/said things like that yourselves. But, what if we didn't have tomorrow? What if we died without having got right with God? Or the person you were going to befriend killed themself when they got home because they were so lonely?
  This is reality. We live like the end is in a land far far away, when it can actually be at your door step. The problems we're procrastinating to face in our lives/spiritual lives can go unfixed, then there's no time for "backsies". Then what?
  Nobody knows the exact time when we'll depart from this life. But we all know it will happen. Do you live like you're ready? Of course, I don't think anyone can actually be ready for something like that. But would you be ready to leave without any regrets or missed opportunities? Would you be ready to face your creator? Your new eternal life?
  I say, starting now, we should live like tomorrow is a maybe rather than an expectation. No holding back, no regrets. Are you with me? No convictions of not witnessing to lost/broken souls because you say you'll do it on your time, instead of God's time. Not waiting until your wounds have healed to forgive someone, because they might not be there to forgive. Saying "I love you" at every departure because maybe they won't be back.
  Approximately 108 people die per minute. 156 thousand daily. Time here is short. Are you ready?

   On that happy note(haha), thanks for reading!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good post, Lexi! I was directed to your blog through the Momentum blog and I'm glad I was! You have a gift through your words and I know you are impacting a lot of people through this blog. Thanks!

Carmen D.

Kat said...

Knowing you is an honor. Such a heart shining through leading others to Christ. Hugs and much love...

Amy said...

Lexi...Love your heart for Jesus and your bold voice proclaiming His Hope! Looking forward to following your blog...

Shonya said...

Thanks for the encouragement to "redeem the time". It makes me think, too, of the verse that says TODAY is the day of salvation.

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

I wish more people lived like this.. less worried about self and more concerned with others and what is coming.